From 11am BST
To kick things off, we've teamed up with the good folk at Science Open, Nature Communications and PaperHive to bring you a free webinar looking at the new and future approaches for acknowledging and improving peer review.
The crack team of speakers include:
- Andrew Preston, Founder of Publons
- Katie Ridd, Senior Editor at Nature Communications
- Alexander Naydenov, Co-founder of PaperHive
- Stephanie Dawson, CEO of ScienceOpen
Issues we'll be covering include:
- The importance of recognising the efforts of Editors and referees in facilitating and being involved in peer review, and especially ‘open review’;
- Value of keeping the discussion going after research is published (i.e., the treatment of peer review as a process);
- Innovative technologies and approaches to open and post-publication review;
- Visions for the future of peer review, which also happens to fit in really nicely with the SPOTON theme this year.